The Accelerated “Fast Track” Bachelor of Science in Nursing Option is a 12 month program designed for professionals who have a bachelor degree in another field from an accredited institution and want to make a career change.
- High 1st attempt NCLEX-RN Passing Rate – 93%
- Hospital Days Simulated Experiences in state of the art Simulation Lab
- Diverse faculty and student population
- High percentage of minority faculty
- Accelerated 12 month program
Decisions about admission are made on a competitive basis and a careful evaluation of the following admission materials:
- Must possess a bachelor degree in another field from an accredited institution
- Admission to UTEP as a full time student, with transcript evaluation dated prior to application to the Fast Track
- Completion of 28 hours of science prerequisites courses with a cumulative 2.5 GPA or higher
- Completion of 10 hours of nursing prerequisites courses with a grade of C or higher
- Completion of the Fast Track application (posted February of each year)
- Acceptable score on the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS)
*Due to an increasingly large pool of well qualified applicants, applicants are advised that in addition to maintaining the highest possible science and nursing prerequisite GPA , they should endeavor to complete their admission to UTEP as a full time student, their primary degree and all of the Science and Nursing Pre-Requisites prior to applying for the program. Failure to complete these requirements does not totally negate eligibility, but depending on the size of the applicant pool may result in incomplete applicants not being placed ahead of those with comparable GPAs who are complete.